Kade ROBINSON Term 1/2 2017 Goal Review Student
Moment in Time Writing Term 2 Week 8
WALT write "a moment in time" writing.
Specific goals (Please highlight yours)
- I can support my ideas with detail and write content relevant to the task (Ideas)
- I can communicate precise meaning related to the topic and use a range of written features to engage the audience; e.g. metaphors, similes, onomatopoeia (Vocabulary)
- I can use language that is suitable to the topic, audience and purpose and use a text structure that is appropriate to the purpose e.g., an orientation, a problem, a climax, and a satisfying resolution (for a narrative); opening, closing and middle paragraphs covering maximum of 5 minutes in Moment in Time Writing (Structure & Language)
- Oops Danger
What can you:
See a soggy wet cat that is getting teased by the dirty gold fish.
A cute little cat that got teased by dirty fish
Hear i can hear the fish splashing the water and the water getting in my ears.
Smell there is lots of different smells i stands out the most tho and it is the dirty water.
Feel i can feel the fish swirling around my feet.
Taste i can taste dirty water going in my mouth.
What do you:
Think i think the fish are being dirty animals.
Do jump into the tank and eat them.
Feel soggy water pushing up against my majesty fur
Say i said to the fish you are lucky and you treat
Vary your sentence starters and try to use good linking words between paragraphs.
Write your “moment in time” writing here using this format:
i just built a new house.We got two fish with it i look at them alot swimming around the tank.Pulling funny faces and teasing me.
They always swim around me and i go for them i jump into the water wait i forgot there is glass even know i can't see glass.I will try jump from the top now i jump in.OOO MY GOD That is so cold i and going to jump out before i drown to death.Or freeze into a ice cube.
I get my mom to get me a towel so i can dry of but the fish are still teasing me.
Miri and Raru (ebook)
WALT use grammatically correct structures.
- Complete this main idea chart.
Read the text and record key words/phrases that answer these questions:
Who? Miri & Raru.
What? A little girl and her friend.
Why? Cause she like to draw and not do her maths.
How? By grabbing a piece of paper and a pencil and doing drawing about monsters.
Summarise the text in 25 words:
- Using grammatically correct structures: The sentence written below all have grammatical errors in them. Please rewrite them correctly below the sentence in red.
- There are too much marbles in the jar.
- There are too many marbles in the jar.
- John bought his new league shirt to school.
- John took his new league shirt to school.
- They done their Mathletics on Chromebooks.
- They finished their Mathletics on Chromebooks.
- Lucy should of done the dishes after dinner.
- Lucy should have done the dishes after dinner.
- I haven’t seen the correct answers to there questions yet.
- I haven’t seen the correct answers to these questions yet.
- Jason did his spelling test tomorrow.
- Jason has his spelling test tomorrow.
- The best two things about the party was the food and the games.
- The two best things about the party was the food and the games.
- I don’t believe its your birthday today.
- I can't believe its your birthday today.
i am seeing a huge boulder that is sitting on the beach motionless.
There's a lot of little cracks around the boulder.As i am walking around the big boulder.The waves were crashing up on the big boulder.Then the waves made the cracks disappear.It was round. It was big it was very weird i got a shivering feeling that i shouldn't be here.There was a weird sound coming from it but it sounded like it was coming from all around the boulder
There was a weird sound coming from it.But it sounded like it was coming from all around the boulder.So i walk around the rock i saw nothing so i went and ate my lunch and i come back and it is gone i didn't know if it was a living thing.I looked around the boulder i knocked on it.Then it cracked open and green ooze came out of it.
I can smell the green ooze that came out.It really was annoying i didn’t know what to do.Also i keep get the horrible taste of the sea salt water.A big wave was coming from the sea so i started to run back to the car.I saw the rock and then the water took over the rock and then!.It was all fix up but something was still wrong after about 5 minutes.I knew what it was know there was another 5 of them sitting there.
I can feel lots of different things as i slip and slide down the road and then i get pinched by a crab AWWWW! I scream i fight the pain i got to the rock then i knock on it and nothing happens then i kick and i punch it and nothing else happens i go around the rocks and try it on all of them
And nothing happens i go back to the first one i knock on it again and then it crack open and it made me sneeze.Blue ooze is coming out of it coming out of it now.
I can taste the sand as i slipped over.On the sand as i walked in the boulder. I look inside after the ooze finished coming out of it.Here was something in there and it look like a regular bubble.I tryed to pop it i touch it it didn’t pop.I had a pin in my pocket i tryed to pop the bubble with that but it didn't work.I went out of the boulder and grab a rock o wait the a crab again AWWWWWWW.It pinched me again i found a real rock and i tryed to pop it and then it pop.
Then i went home for the rest of the day. By Kade